PRINCIPLES FOR SUBMITTING REQUEST FOR INFORMATION PURSUANT TO ACT NO. 106/1999 COLL. ON FREE ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The submission of requests for information to the Office of the Czech Fiscal Council (hereafter referred to as “the Office”) and the subsequent provision of such information are governed by Act No. 106/1999 Coll. on free access to information, as amended. These principles regulate in greater detail certain provisions of the Act on Free Access to Information that are particularly relevant to the Office. They must invariably be interpreted under the Act on Free Access to Information, whose procedures must be strictly followed.
Who can request information?
Any natural or legal person.
How to request information
Information may be requested:
(a) orally at the registered office of the Office, namely:
- in person during office hours; both the address of the registered office of the Office and office hours are listed on the Office website at www.unrr.cz.
(b) in writing, namely:
- by post to the address of the registered office of the Office;
by electronic data box to mmu3ubg;
- electronically by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- in person at the mailroom located in the registered office of the Office during office hours; both the address of the registered office of the Office and office hours are listed on the Office website at www.unrr.cz.
The date on which a request is filed is deemed to be the date of delivery of that request to the Office. In the case of an oral request, should the Office be unable to deliver an immediate answer, it shall invite the claimant to submit the request in writing.
What particulars must a request contain?
The following must be clear from the request:
- Who is requesting information:
- unambiguous identification of the claimant in the case of a natural person: first name, surname, date of birth, address of permanent residence, and delivery address if different from the address of permanent residence. An electronic address is also understood to be a delivery address;
- unambiguous identification of the claimant in the case of a legal person: company name, company number (IČO), address of the registered office, and delivery address if different from the address of the registered office. An electronic address is also understood to be a delivery address
- what information is under request;
- to whom the request is addressed;
- a statement reporting that the information is under request in accordance with Act No. 106/1999 Coll. on free access to information, as amended.
If the request is incomplete, unclear, or overly general, the Office shall summon the claimant to ask for clarifications or a supplement to the request, within seven days of the date on which the request is filed. If the person making the request fails to do this within thirty days, the Office will disregard the request.
If the information requested does not fall within the Office’s remit, the request will be disregarded, and the Office shall notify the claimant within seven days of the date on which the request is filed.
What is the time limit for providing information?
If a request contains all the required particulars and falls within the Office’s remit, the Office shall reply to the request within the time limit laid down by law. The time limit for providing information may be extended on severe grounds, but by no more than ten days. In such a case, the claimant will be provably informed of the extension of the time limit and the relevant reasons, in due time before the time limit for providing information has passed. The legal grounds for extending the time limit for the provision of information are laid down in Section 17(7) of the Act. The Office will not provide or restrict the provision of information in the cases laid down by the Act.
Information provided by the Office in accordance with Act No. 106/1999 Coll. on free access to information is published on the Office’s website within 15 days of the provision of that information.
Decision to reject a request
If the Office refuses to provide information, in part or in full, an appeal may be lodged within fifteen days of the date of delivery of the decision. Such an appeal must be lodged in writing, either at the mailroom of the Office during office hours, by mail to the registered office of the Office, by data box to the Office’s address – mmu3ubg – or by e-mail to the Office’s e-mail address email@example.com.
Complaints about the procedure adopted when handling a request for information
The claimant may file complaints about the procedure adopted when handling a request for information on the legal grounds laid down by the Act. A complaint may be lodged in writing or orally, in the same manner as when filing a request for information.
A complaint is filed within 30 days of the date of delivery of communication of the reference to published information (Section 6 of the Act), communication of the setting aside of the request (Section 14(5)(c) of the Act), or communication of the required payment (Section 17(3) of the Act), or of the passing of the time limit for the provision of information according to Section 14(5)d) or Section 14(7) of the Act.
The complaint is decided upon by a superior body, which is, in this case, the Czech Fiscal Council.
What is the payment for providing information?
The Office of the Czech Fiscal Council may, under Act No. 106/1999 Coll., demand payment for the provision of information which is subject to the duty to inform. The amount charged, however, may not exceed the material costs.
The Office of the Czech Fiscal Council has put in place the following price list for the provision of information in accordance with Act No. 106/1999 Coll., as amended.
Current price list for the provision of information valid as of 1 June 2018
- Single-sided printout or A4 copy of the same format CZK 2.00
- Double-sided printout or copy in A4 format CZK 3.00
- Single-sided printout or copy in A3 format CZK 3.50
- Double-sided printout or copy in A3 format CZK 4.50
- 1 blank CD intended for recording information CZK 8.00
- 1 blank DVD intended for recording information CZK 10.00
- Other technical data medium at the purchase price
- Packaging based on the purchase price of the relevant type of packaging
- Postage based on the postal service provider’s price list at the time of the request.
If the provision of information requires an extraordinary extensive search and processing, the person making the request will pay CZK 350 for each commenced hour of work done by the processor.
Payments may be made into account number 19-4726001/0710 (Czech National Bank).
Information will only be provided following a provable payment of the required costs.